Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 380

-The most noticeable change in the weather between yesterday and today is that it is now a few degrees colder and we have had a few periods of flurries. The forecast is suggesting that we might have a little more of the same, though I am glad to see that they are predicting flurries both tonight and tomorrow.

-Earlier this evening we conducted our annual Christmas Eve gift exchange (each of us opens one gift). Kirsten gave me a pair of pajama pants that she made a few days ago. They are really quite impressive (and even include drawstring and elastic). Kirsten opened the Monty Python Fluxx game that I gave her, allowing us to have something to do for a portion of the evening.

-My Uncle and I made a brief trip to the airport this evening to see if we could track down his missing suitcase. Much to our surprise there was almost no one at the airport, and certainly not anyone who was in a position to help us with our problem.

-For dinner tonight we had a very tasty leg of lamb, along with a few other side dishes. One of my favourite of the other dishes was one of the loaves of bread that we baked yesterday.

-It seems that I will have to get up a little on the early side tomorrow morning to participate in the various Christmas festivities that have been planned. Hopefully things will slow down enough in the afternoon that I will be able to take a nap for at least an hour or two.

-A few days ago I started reading a book called Freakonomics. While I have found several sections of the book to be rather thought-provoking and informative, I feel that a few other sections are a little thin (though they are always entertaining). If I get a chance I may try to provide a more in-depth critique of the work once I finish reading it (which shouldn't take me too much longer).

-The party I attended last night was really great. Not only did I get a chance to see a few people I hadn't seen in over a year, I was also able to meet a few new people. Apparently Neil liked the party so much that he fell asleep there (only to wake up to take a cab home at 5:00 AM).

-Merry Christmas.

No comments: