Friday, December 11, 2009

Grocery store goodness

Yesterday afternoon I made a trip over to the grocery store in lieu of taking a nap (a strange exchange I know). Anyway, there were a few things I needed to pick up for dinner and seemed like a good time to go. Additionally, there a few deals I was hoping to take advantage of, particularly $10 off coupon and a good price on butter.

Soon after I arrived I was able to pick up a few of the produce items I needed before heading back to snag a package of on sale boneless-skinless chicken breasts (on sale for $3.77 a pound). As I was just feet away from the chicken display a man approached me and asked me if I wanted a free tin of cookies.

It seems that he was working for a credit card company who was giving away a tin of cookies to individuals who applied for their credit card. As I had already been planning on doing this in the coming days I decided to go for it (especially if he was going to do the data entry and give me the cookies). Anyway, within just a few moments I had my tin of cookies (I think they would have cost about $15) and a coupon so that I could walk out of store with them for free.

After completing most of my shopping I made my way to the small housewares and toys section of the store. I was planning on looking at the game selection to try to take advantage of a $10 off coupon that we had for certain games. After a few minutes I settled on Monopoly City, a re-working of the the classic property collecting game. After removing the value of the coupon from the price I ended up paying less than $10 for the game.

I guess I should also mention that they were having a tax-free day, so I didn't have to pay sales tax on the game or some of my other products. It was an incredibly satisfying trip to the grocery store, much more that I thought it would be when I set out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ypoqabyp.1accesshost.com/ipykexi.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich