Sunday, December 20, 2009

Likely failure

Some of our more regular readers may be observant enough to notice that there have been a few more posts than typical this evening. I guess that this might be explained by my far-fetched hope that we might reach 365 posts on Montifax this year. For this to happen, I need to make 26 posts (including this one) between now and December 31. This would mean a few more posts a day than has been common Montifax practice since the blog-off in February.

Until just a few months ago we were doing quite well as far as this unstated goal was concerned. Actually, I think that until about four months ago we were actually ahead of where we needed to be if we wanted an average of one a day.

For better or worse, school seems to have interfered with my computer use patterns. One noticeable downward trend has been in terms of the time I have spent blogging (on the other hand, my time spent downloading PDF versions of journal articles has really gone way up).

I guess this isn't surprising considering the thousands of pages of reading I had to do this term, or the 100 pages of writing (which seems low, though this is really quite close to how much I had to submit this semester) that I had to hand in.

Anyway, now that I have close to 50% of my Christmas shopping in the bag I should be able to devote a little more time to the noble pursuit of blogging (it is particularly noble in my case as I am doing it for the blogosphere rather than the mass readership).

The good news is that as of right now I only have 25 more posts to go.

No comments: