Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 381

-The relatively sub-par weather seems to keep on going. We have now had temperatures around zero and a few flurries most days since I have been home. Fortunately, the rainy spells have been relatively brief, or at least periods of time when I have not had to leave the house.

-We are presently still in the midst of our Christmas celebrations. On Christmas morning we examined the contents of our stockings, had breakfast, and, eventually, had dinner. While we opened a few gifts after dinner, we left quite a few under the tree. Both yesterday and today we have also opened a few gifts. I imagine that maybe by the 29th or 30th we might have finished the gift opening process.

It should be noted that as Kirsten's birthday falls in the midst of this date range things will likely slow down a little (though as far as Kirsten is concerned they will pick up).

-So far I have opened quite a number of matching shirts, maybe more than I have ever received before. My father, brother, and I all received Newfoundland beer shirts; I got a Dominion Ale shirt, Neil got an India Beer shirt, and my father got a Jockey Club shirt. All of us received matching bowling shirts from my uncle. And then Neil, my uncle, and I received matching flannel shirts. I imagine that this will be it for the matching shirts, though I could be mistaken.

-My understanding is that the aforementioned Jockey Club will soon be, or has been, discontinued.

-I have even managed to do some socializing.

No comments: