Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 382

-After several days of temperatures just above freezing we have moved just a little below into temperatures just below freezing. Not surprisingly, the rain of a few days ago has now turned into something approximating flurries. My understanding of the forecast is that we should be having some combination of these to types of weather tomorrow.

-A few days ago we had a family photo session. My father wanted the photos to be taken as we had not had proper family photos take for some time and as the family had grown by one (Rebecca) since the last time we had such photos taken. Though I was a little skeptical at first, my father's decision to have the photos taken in a board room at MUN was likely a good one (I will be a little more certain once we get the photos back from the photographer). Amazingly we were able to move through about 10 different personnel configurations in much less than an hour (the whole process, which involved some set up and two locations took just over an hour).

-The night before, to celebrate Kirsten's birthday, our family, along with some family friends, went bowling. A fringe benefit of going when we did was that we were able to wear our new matching bowling shirts. While we looked pretty amazing, the shirts that Neil and I were wearing were a little too tight (which threw off our second game).



On a personal note, I think I scored a personal best with 195 in the first game.

-I think that there were a few more things that at various points during the past few days I was meaning to write about that I have now forgotten. While a few may have been moderately interesting, I think that for the most part they don't really merit mention, so I guess you might say that I am doing you one last favour for 2009.

No comments: