Monday, April 26, 2010

Awareness Fail

While I was walking down Morris Street to campus today I encountered some construction and an associated sign requesting that I used the sidewalk on the other side of the street. Only after crossing the street did I learn that a construction project on newly crossed to side of the street had also closed a portion of the sidewalk on that side of the street.



The absolute laziness and lack of the larger construction crew really frustrated me. If the other side of the street is blocked don't just put up your standard sign and pretend that everything is fine. In such circumstances more imaginative solutions to the problems need to be found. Maybe, as I have seen implemented at other construction sites, a temporary pedestrian walk-way could be created with cones. While there may be no particularly good solution to this problem, simply telling people to cross the street without checking to see if that cross was functional is unacceptable. I am really quite surprised how upset this situation has made me, but I am really quite pissed off.

No comments: