Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 420

-After a beautiful day yesterday, we are again in the midst of a rather overcast day today. Hopefully the forecast rain does not actually make an appearance.

-Yesterday Peter and I went to MEC and then Point Pleasant Park. In Point Pleasant Park we went to my favourite beach area and threw rocks for what must have been at least an hour. Eventually things devolved from skipping and accuracy to the throwing of big rocks.



These things made quite impressive splashes.

-Last night I attended a retirement party for one of the professors in the political science department. About 45 minutes after we arrived the grad student who gave me a ride left meaning that I was the only student in attendance for most of the night. On the whole the event was quite pleasant. The house where the event was hosted was absolutely amazing (it was huge and perfect for parties). It was also fun to talk to a few of my professors and get a chance to talk to some of their spouses.

-Peter and I are hoping to attend a Picnicface sketch show at Joker's Comedy Club tonight. I am really looking forward to this as I have been hoping to see one of these for almost as long as I have been in Halifax.

-I should go get some breakfast and coffee.

No comments: