Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 422

-Today has been pretty strange. We seem to be going back and forth between periods of showers and sunshine. Fortunately I left the apartment this morning during one of the grey periods so I brought my rain jacket with me. I do hope that we will soon turn the corner and head into at least a few hours of clearer weather.

-Hopefully I will get a chance to play some squash tonight.

-I visited by nearby grocery stores today, my primary objective being the acquisition of on sale meats. At the first grocery store I visited I picked up some boneless, skinless chicken breasts an pork chops. At the second grocery store I bought two packages of pork tenderloin (they were buy one get one free). Hopefully these purchases mean that I won't have to meat shopping for at least a few more days.

-It would seem that after my several week absence from Montifax that I have really rebounded with vigor. Maybe, even with my absence of almost 2 weeks, I will make it to over 20 posts this month. Hooray! What a meaningful accomplishment!

-This afternoon I was a little disgusted to learn that Neil (Rebecca will also be going) is now planning on heading to Winnipeg for a few days. While I am not generally opposed to the idea of Neil going to Winnipeg what I do find frustrating is that this means that Neil will be able to pick off both Saskatchewan and Manitoba in a single trip.

Since about 1995 Neil and I have been deadlocked at 8 provinces apiece (though both of us have been interested in completing the collection). Neil, by visiting Manitoba and Saskatchewan, will throw this equilibrium off. Of course the worst part is that I have no idea how I will go about eventually making my way to either Manitoba or Saskatchewan (particularly as people seem to suggest that they aren't particularly attractive vacation destinations). I guess I will just have to be happy that I have Delaware.

-A few days ago I noticed that one of my sweaters is starting to fray at the cuff.



It seems that in the past few weeks a few pieces of my clothing have started to fall apart. This just seems to confirm that this summer will likely be when I buy a number of items of clothing and engage in something of a wardrobe renewal. Given how much I love clothing shopping this should really be fun.

-Today I noticed the very early stages of another banana pup.



The banana plant has really been doing quite well these past few weeks. Instead of pumping out leaves that are only about two inches long, the leaves currently being produced keep getting larger and larger and are now close to a foot long. It is hard to believe how much the plant's growing patterns have changed in just a few weeks.

-It seems (and appears to be confirmed by a CBC) that one of the professors in the Political Science department, Brian Bow, has won the relatively prestigious and lucrative Donner Prize (a $35 000 prize for books on public policy).

-A few days ago I finally got around to doing my end of semester filing. Part way through the process I felt as though I may have gotten in over my head (or at least that my filing cabinet likely wouldn't be large enough to accommodate everything).



Fortunately my fears were unfounded.



Everything fit nicely (though my filing cabinet is definitely approaching full. I think that I may need to buy another one before September hits.

No comments: