Monday, April 05, 2010

Another Beautiful Night in the Neighbourhood

About a year ago a team of trained professionals came in removed the graffiti from the cement wall across from our balcony. At the time I thought that it was pretty neat that I had the chance to see this happen, particularly as there were able to remove the offending paint in just a matter of minutes.



[Embedded video]

Then, last August, I happened to hear the application of the next coat of graffiti. Though my recollection is that I scared the offending vandal away by watching them, I obviously didn't figure out what was going on soon enough to really stop much of anything (and I certainly can't claim that I was trying to stop anything as my main interest was really just to figure out what was going on outside of my bedroom window). Anyway, the next morning I woke up to find this:



Today I looked out to see that we now have a new addition to the graffiti collection.



It seems that this most recent addition to the collection was placed directly on top of last Augusts addition. I guess I will be curious to see if this particular addition will encourage last August's artist to come back and reclaim their territory, or if this infraction will go unpunished. I guess I am also curious to see if the building owners will once again have the graffiti removed professionally. Of course what I find most amazing about this graffiti location is that we are basically the only people who ever get to see this section of wall so really don't know why it is so popular, and well known.

No comments: