Saturday, April 03, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 416

-Though the sun has now set, today has been and continues to be a beautiful day. According to Environment Canada we reached a high of 21, which is believable.

-It seems that I am now up to 3/18 with my Roll Up the Rim to Rim Wins. I am starting to think that I should have quit when I was ahead this year.

-Today I took advantage of the nice weather and went on a bike ride with a friend/neighbour. We rode from our apartment building deep in the South End, around the rotary to Herring Cove. According to this friend, who has made the trip before, the total distance is close to 30 km. Assuming this is true, and I have to reason to think it isn't, this is likely the longest bike ride I have ever taken. I hope that we will be able to go on similar trips as the summer progresses and that by the end of the Summer/Fall I won't be quite as slow as I was today.

-On Thursday I handed in my final major paper of the season. Though I still have two more pieces of written work to submit, and a final exam, handing in the final paper on Thursday was quite a relief.

-We are planning on a having a few people over for Easter dinner tomorrow. To the best of our knowledge we have everything that we need from the grocery store, if not we are going to be somewhat out of luck as most of the stores will be closed tomorrow.

-In preparation for tomorrow's dinner I baked some bread so that I would have stuffing material. Shortly we are going to start working on the Easter bread for tomorrow. If we become particularly ambitious we may even try to do some vegetable peeling before we call it a night.

-I think I will try to call it a night early tonight. I am hoping that the the fact that I didn't take a nap and that I did take a 30 km bike ride will mean that I will be able to go to sleep before 4:00 AM.

-Happy Easter

No comments: