Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 335

-Today, much to my surprise, has been nicer that I expected. At some point yesterday or the day before the forecast lead me to believe that we would be in for a fair bit of rain today, though it turns out this didn't come to pass.

-I have been quite busy procrastinating these past few days, the result being that I have had no time to blog or work on my thesis. I am hoping that I can put an end to the problem on both fronts this evening.

-As I mentioned last week, we were planning on checking out the Halifax KISS concert. As it turns out, we were able to see basically the entire show from an area behind the fenced enclosure. I am quite confident that Kirsten was glad to have seen the show as she can now report to her classmates that she has seen KISS in concert.

As you can see from this less than stellar photo, we were actually able to see the performers from our vantage point, which likely means that we had a better view than some paying customers.



-We were smoked at last week's Ultimate game, though it was a pleasant game. I am hoping that we do a little better at tomorrow's game.

-Today we went to a going away party for some friends who will soon be moving to Calgary. The party was called a 'Sundae Party,' and people were requested to bring sundae toppings. That the party did not take place on Sunday really confused me for a few days, though by the time we arrived at the party I think I had things sorted out.

On Tuesday Neil and I will be helping load the moving van, which should be fun. I have a strange fascination with assisting people move (though I don't really like doing it myself).

-My tobacco has started to grow. As is relatively obvious, the plants could really do with some thinning. Maybe I will try to get around to this in the coming days.



-I think that there were a few more things I was hoping to say but I can't remember them at the moment and I really need to head back to work, maybe if they come to me later this evening I will try to post again.

-One last thing, a few days ago we were walking around downtown Halifax and Neil spotted Lucy of Trailer Park Boys fame. This means that I have now seen Bubbles, Lahey, and Lucy by just hanging around downtown Halifax. I wonder if I keep at it much longer if I will see any of the other cast members.

No comments: