Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 415

-Today was a pretty middle of the road day. Not bad, but not particularly great either.

-That my Roll Up the Rim to Win record has slipped to a dismal 2/14 is not particularly reassuring. I just hope that my failure on this front doesn't have significant negative impacts on my self-esteem and self-confidence (though it is hard to be confident in one's ability in the fact of such personal failures).

-Apparently after Rebecca didn't like this video.



[Embedded video]

I have no idea why Rebecca doesn't like this video, these little guys are amazing (if a little strangely dressed).

-It seems that I have finally found a use for my tobacco, a friend of mine is willing to take it off my hands. That he took some a few weeks ago and then came back looking for more yesterday suggests to me that we may have the foundation of a lasting relationship.

-Yesterday while at the grocery store I picked up a few on sale chicken breasts. While I knew that they they were on sale it seemed that the pricing scheme was a little off, $4 a pound shouldn't have translated into $4.50 a kilogram.

Shortly after I checked out and paid about $10 for 6 chicken breasts I heard my cashier page the meat department, presumably to get them to correct their mistake. What I found particularly funny about the situation was that once I got home I noticed that both packages of chicken breasts that I had purchased had been priced and then re-priced. It seems that during the second pricing process things became a little messed up, at least from the store's perspective.

-While on the topic of grocery store deals, I was able to take advantage of a great deal tonight. One of the local grocery stores was giving away, with the purchase of a $12.99 frying pan, a dozen eggs, 375 grams of bacon, 6 english muffins, 1 liter of juice, and 750 grams of hash browns. I wonder if Neil might be inclined to buy a frying pan tomorrow?

-While was walking home today after class I happened to pass a campus hot-dog cart. Though I don't normally frequent this particular street meat vendor, I was a little disgusted to see that birds were eating from a number of the condiment containers while the employee seemed to be engaged in other activities. I had always been somewhat suspect of on-the-street condiments and now I know that it was with good reason.

-Today Tom Flanagan, a former Harper Chief of Staff and University of Calgary Political Science professor, spoke at Dalhousie. Neil and I, along with a few others attended. For the most part Neil and I enjoyed the experience. What I found particularly surprising was that more than most public lectures I have attended, and particularly of those that are somewhat politically charged, this one seemed to generate largely reasonable questions (and Flanagan had reasonable answers).

3 comments:

Jess said...

Rebecca, why don't you like the video? I laughed, I cried, I hit replay.

Fabulous.

Cameron said...

I think Rebecca has something against cut animal vids.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.