Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 314

-Today was another occasionally overcast, somewhat cool day. It seems that for about the past week everyday I learn that the sunny skies that have been predicted for the past few days are to be pushed back by a day or so. This is getting a little tiring. It is not the bad weather that is frustrating, it is the absolutely pointless forecasts that are a little frustrating.

-I am pretty sure that I forgot to eat lunch today.

-As I write this voting is ongoing in British Columbia for both the election and referendum. While I don't think I will direct all of my attention to the results once they start pouring in (at around midnight in Halifax) I do imagine I might try to see how things are going. In yesterday's post I think that I forgot to mention that Graham Clark, co-host of Stop Podcasting Yourself, is running in Vancouver-Fairview as an independent. It seems that the candidacy is part of an on-going series of segment's on a TV show. Given the circumstances of the candidacy it may not be particularly surprising that this particular candidate isn't really going for the win. I guess I will have to pay particular attention to how this race turns out. As the Greens seem to be polling about 10%-12% I might also have to watch their results.

Edit: CBC is reporting that Vancouver-Fraserview could be a close riding, so votes for Graham could be pivotal (or not).

-Moments ago I switched my bedroom light bulbs from 60 watt equivalent compact fluorescent to 100 watt equivalents. The difference is wonderful. My room seems bright for the first time in months. I might even go so far as so say that I may no longer need to run all three of my desk lamps.

-I have a batch of white bread (rising) in the oven. I am again using the special bread flour, so I expect the resulting loaves to be on the softer side of things.

No comments: