Monday, May 18, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 316

-We are presently in the midst of another overcast and wet day here in Halifax. Fortunately, the wind doesn't seem to be too high, nor does it seem to be particularly rainy.

-It seems that Neil and Rebecca, along with the other members of their water station crew, managed to win the most spirited water station prize, which is a $1000 donation in their names to St. John Ambulance. The funny thing about this is that before they went they didn't think that they would be into the cheering/being supportive side of the volunteering.

-I just took five loaves of bread out of the oven. I am not really sure where I am going to put them all once they have cooled.

-While at the grocery store I decided to check out the seed selection to see if there were any flower seeds I might consider buying for hanging pots I acquired about a week ago. After quickly scanning the seed rack I settled on thunbergia vine, also known as a black-eyed susan vine (but a different plant than a black-eyed susan). Apparently these grow quickly and do well in hanging pots, the two criteria I was looking for. I have planted some of the seeds in homemade paper pots and will place them in the hanging baskets once they sprout. I am kind of curious to see how this new method works.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Doug has given us some of these flowers in the past and they have done very well.

Glad to hear about all you plants.