Sunday, May 24, 2009

PEI: live update 13

A little while ago we went out for a quick meal. Originally we
planned on going for some fast food but eventually settled on a local
pub/restaurant. Not surprisingly we all had foods similiar to those
we might have had we gone to the fast food restaurant.

While there is still a little sunlight I don't think that we will
taking advantage of it tonight. If things go as I expect them to we
will likely end up playing a few games of Settlers and maybe having a
few snacks, and maybe even a sloe gin fizz or two.

I think what has impressed me about PEI the most today is how few
stores ate open. It seems that most places are closed, even though
many of them seem to be aimed at tourists, it is almost as though they
don't want to sell things to tourists. Given the somewhat poor
condition of the PEI this surprises me. I would have expected a
somewhat more business oriented approach.

Our big plan for tomorrow is to head to Charlottetown while my father
heads to his meeting. We are hoping to hit the legislature, the
university, and Cows. We are also planning on doing some walking in
the downtown area, and maybe trying to buy a Stompin' Tom Connors CD.
Maybe we should try to pick up some potatoes while we are here, though
I don't know if they are a particularly good deal here.

2 comments:

Donald McKay said...

Next time that you encounter a fast-food joint that serves hot roast beef sandwiches, please let me know.

Cameron said...

I was thinking that they were similar in that they both serve beef between pieces of bread, though I realize some might see this as a bit of a stretch.