Sunday, June 07, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 322

-While I seem to remember today being rather overcast, by this afternoon things had turned around and it was a rather impressive day. I have not idea if we will be lucky enough to see this weather continue on to tomorrow.

-The sun of the last few days seems to have helped a few of the plants continue their march onward and upward (most notably the corn). I recently noticed that the bay tree is preparing for another spurt, which will cause the new branch to be taller than the original branch.



-The outdoors plants are growing, but still more slowly than those indoors. Most importantly, I finally got around to doing a little reading on growing vegetables in pots and it seems that I have been screwing a few things up, especially regarding the tomatoes. Hopefully my new knowledge will allow me to get things back on track and encourage a productive growing season.

While I am on the subject of things that I have learned while reading gardening books, it seems that beans, peppers, and tomatoes are all capable of living more than a single year if kept away from frost. This is good to know as all of my tomatoes and peppers are in pots that I should be able to move indoors when we get closer to frost season.

-We had our first ultimate game of the season, as Neil is in St. John's he wasn't able to make it. We had a very strong beginning but weren't able to hold the other team off and ended up losing by about 7 points. Though it would have been nice to win, I think we did pretty well considering how many new players we have on our team.

No comments: