Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 329

-For as long as I have been awake today the sky has been overcast. Only late this afternoon did things finally make the transition to full-fledged rain, which is fine, I guess, considering that we haven't really had much rain since last weekend.

Unfortunately, this weather, if the Environment Canada forecast means anything, is to be the start of a rather bad patch that is presently predicted to extend to the end of the current seven day forecast. I was particularly taken with the graphic accompanying the forecast. Talk about uplifting and inspirational.



-Neil and I are scheduled to play two games of Ultimate tomorrow, though I am little worried that the weather may interfere with our plans. If it is raining I really have no idea what happens or when we might play the games. As of right now Neil and I haven't managed to arrange for rides to the game.

-I made chicken noodle soup and corn bread for dinner. I thought that both dishes were rather tasty.

-In anticipation of the rain and thundershowers in the aforementioned forecast I have moved most of balcony garden plants from the brickwork to the floor. The idea is that the wall will protect most of the plants from strong winds. Assuming the forecast holds, the plants will likely be in this position for some number of days.



-After moving the plants I finally got around to putting up some strings for the beans in the planter. One of the plants was already tall enough to be wrapped around the string, while another one or two are quite close to being tall enough to start making their journey up the string. I am hoping that the scarlet runner beans and the string set-up will provide support for the few yellow bean plants that are also in the planter.

No comments: