Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 325

-We had another beautiful day in Halifax today. It seems that things have become a little more summer like here than they were last week, though if the forecast can be considered even partially accurate, it seems that we will be back to rain and grey skies by the weekend.

-We ended up losing our Ultimate game on Sunday, though we came within a few points at the end of the game. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, most of seemed to be playing much better during the second half than in the first half. I know that I was particularly sluggish in the first half (a problem that I have had in both games this season).

A few days ago our schedule for the next three weeks was released. For some reason unbeknownst to any of us we have been scheduled for a double-header next week. Aside from the fact that a few of our players had already suggested that they would have trouble making any Sunday evening game, a number of aren't looking forward to the prospect of playing two games in a row.

-After Sunday's game a number of went to a teammate's house for a post-game barbecue. While sipping on a beer and waiting for the food to be ready I learned that at least on member of our team presently lives on our street, another will be moving into our building shortly, and that the owner of the house used to live on our street. What is particularly impressive about all of this is that our street only a block long and by no means a major thoroughfare. I guess this says something about the desirability of our location.

-Earlier today I started thinking about bean sprouts. I am thinking that if I can find some mung beans at one of the local Chinese grocery stores I may try to grow my own bean sprouts. Fortunately the few internet sources I have read on the topic all suggest the same sprout growing technique, which is nice, because on a number of occasions I haven't found web-based sources to be so consistent.

-I am not quite sure why I have been blogging less this month, but it seems that I have been. I think it may be a sign that I am not spending enough time at my computer doing work. Hopefully I can turn things around starting today/tomorrow.

-On Monday one of the nearby grocery stores was closed for 'renovations.' When I went to the store today I didn't really noticed what had changed. Eventually I realized that one of, and maybe the only, changes was to the contents of each aisle. It seems that most of the dry goods have been re-arranged. This is somewhat annoying as now I don't know where anything is. Maybe tomorrow I will have to head back to do a more thorough search and scope out the locations of my favourite items.

No comments: