Tuesday, January 03, 2012

A Few Quick Notes 556

-I woke up this morning to find a fresh dusting of snow.  Though the snow has since melted, the temperature didn't really rise much above 0.  Of course tonight it is supposed to drop to -10.  And we are to have a little more snow.

-For the past few weeks, basically since we first started getting temperatures close to 0, we have huge humidity problems in our apartment.  Strangely, the humidity seems to be most problematic when it is coldest (in that the water is most prone to condense on our windows during in such conditions).  Fortunately the dehumidifier we bought a few weeks ago has made a substantial improvement.  Though, much to my surprise, even with this piece of equipment running almost constantly we still have so much humidity and condensation that we can't see through some of the windows in our apartment.

This definitely isn't a problem I had in Halifax or Montreal.

-When we moved from Halifax one of the things I had to part with was Neil's Sodastream water carbonating unit.  All of a sudden I was back into the habit of buying 2 litre bottles of carbonated water.

Fortunately, for Christmas Jeannette was thoughtful enough to give me one of these devices.  Since I have had this thing I feel as though I haven't stopped carbonating water.  Though it seem unlikely that I am actually drinking three to four litres of carbonated water a day, I don't think that there are any other reasonable explanations for all of my carbonating.

-Apparently today is the day of the Iowa caucuses. Do you think Obama win?

No comments: