Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Few Quick Notes 558

-On Thursday we received about 10-12 centimetres of snow in just a few hours.



[Embedded video]

By yesterday afternoon/evening the snow was almost completely gone and it was almost 10.

Though Environment Canada is suggesting that it is currently about 1 in the region, I don't believe this. The continuing formation of ice suggests to me that it is at least below freezing and that it has been for a while.

Anyway, temperatures and conditions have definitely been yo-yoing recently and it is less than fun.

-Tonight Jeannette and I will be attending an Old Man Luedecke concert in Windsor.  The question on everyone's mind surely is whether or not he will perform the crowd favourite Joy of Cooking?




[Embedded video]

-I think I will be making some leek and potato soup shortly.  Much to my surprise, we were able to buy both leeks and potatoes at our local farmer's market.

No comments: