Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Few Quick Notes 557

-The temperature has been yo-yoing for the past few weeks.  For instance, yesterday we had a high of 5 while it is currently -13.  Apparently it is to be 10 on Friday.  Between now and Friday we are to have a series of different forms of precipitation starting with snow and ending with rain.  Sounds fun doesn't it?

-As Jeannette noted yesterday, we are currently in the midst of pomelo and blood orange season.  Is there a better time of year than a time of year when you can have a pomelo a day?


I think not.

-For better or worse it seems that to coincide with the beginning of a new season of Republic of Doyle a few new pitches have been posted at Doyle Pitches.  I suspect that the goal this year is, as Spike Lee almost said, "Mo' Better Pitches."

-Just days after I included a post about my podcast listening habits one of the individuals responsible for many of my listening habits also posted about his podcast listening habits.  Of course, Jesse Thorn's post includes a few more details about each of the podcasts he listens to than my post (one might even go so far as to say that it is informative).   What Jesse's post lacks, at least in comparison to mine, is an image that charts his development at a podcast listener.  I mean, really, who creates such a list without an accompanying info-graphic.  How gauche.

(I'm just glad tone comes across so clearly in electronic communications.)

No comments: