Saturday, January 28, 2012

Three ingredient bread pt. 7

Well, today's bread project has now drawn to a close - and I feel pretty comfortable deeming it a success.


While the bread doesn't have an overwhelming pumpkin flavour, it certainly does taste like a little more than just white bread (in a very good way).  Furthermore, eating a few slices will provide you with a serving of vegetables.  If I had just slipped some protein in this loaf would practically be a balanced meal.

The only problem with this dream recipe being a success is that I am already thinking about other foods that I might use to make waterless three ingredient breads.  Raspberries came to mind first, but just a few minutes ago Nutella popped into my head as a potential ingredient (or maybe raspberries and Nutella for a four ingredient waterless bread).

Whatever happens with these future attempts to make waterless breads I will at least know that I did have at least one successful attempt.

2 comments:

graham said...

This looks really awesome! My own bread projects never turn out nearly as well as this one, and I'm just making regular 3-ingredient bread. What kind of yeast are you using: active dry, instant rise, fresh, or sour dough?

Cameron said...

I used Quick-Rise Instant Yeast (I use this kind because I can buy it by the pound).

Have you tried this recipe: http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/2010/02/09/back-to-basics-tips-and-techniques-to-create-a-great-loaf-in-5-minutes-a-day

It's a simple starting point and you can tweak it quite a bit.