Saturday, September 26, 2009

We need your help

A few weeks ago I started to hear rumblings about my mother, grandmother, and sister taking a trip to Halifax to coincide with my convocation. Soon after Neil and Rebecca's wedding these rumblings began to sound a little more like a tidal wave that was about to crash down all around me.

Anyway, I have been suggesting one reason for the visit, a position that both Neil and Rebecca disagree with. Given our stalemate it seemed the only way forward was to create a web-based survey to try to ascertain the true reason behind these trips.

So if you would all be willing to complete the survey, which can be found here, we can get to the bottom of this rather important issue.

I am really looking forward to having things cleared up.

3 comments:

graham said...

They are coming for two reason of equal importance. They came for Neil's convocation, so they're coming for yours, but seeing as the newly weds are still newly weds, that's an equivalent reason to come to Halifax for a visit.

As for a restaurant, go somewhere that you haven't been, but comes highly rated. Maybe see if there are any good Zagat (zagat.com) rated restaurants nearby :)

Cameron said...

I agree. My main point, though this may not have come across, is that it is unreasonable for Neil and Rebecca to think that their recent marriage did not enter in the decision-making process at all. Either thing might have prompted such a trip, but when they occur together a trip is almost unavoidable.

I think I may have come up with a restaurant, and it is a place I haven't been before. Though I will be sure check out Zagat.

Unknown said...

This trip was in the planning stages for months. I know it was discussed in July if not before. We are looking forward to the convocation and seeing the degree recipient and the newly weds. We are even looking forward to a nice meal in a new restaurant or on of Cameron's choice.