Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 356

-It has been mostly overcast today. At time it was even quite rainy, though as I haven't really left the apartment yet this really hasn't caused me any problems. Actually, that I didn't get the late afternoon sun in my bedroom window afforded me fewer afternoon distractions that I might normally have. The other thing of note about today is that it is a little warmer than I might have expected. Now, after sunset, it is still almost 20 degrees (and humid), which is quite different than I would have expected.

-A few days ago I purchased a Thermos in which I planned on storing hot beverages. So far it has been quite useful. I am hoping that this purchase will encourage me to purchase less coffee, a plan that seems to be working so far (I only have to not buy about 9 cups of coffee for this purchase to have paid off).

-We had pinwheels for dinner tonight. It seems that this is becoming a bit of a go to dinner option for me.

-On Friday evening there was political science reception, which was followed by a few drinks with some of the new political science graduate students. Given that I attended a similar series of events there was a strange feeling of deja vu, particularly when I ended up getting my second research assistantship at such an event. The most notable difference between this year and last was that this year's reception didn't feel as well attended as last year's, though I don't know why this was the case (though a retirement and two sabbaticals might explain at least part of the difference).

-I have a short paper due on Tuesday afternoon. So far it has not been progressing as quickly as I might have hoped.

No comments: