Friday, September 25, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 360

-We seem to be switching between periods of rain and periods when it is overcast, and about to rain. I guess such a situation is better than having a thunderstorm, which might still be in the works for later this afternoon or this evening.

-We had a beef stir-fry for dinner last night. As I am trying to cut back on red meat I didn't include all 2.5 pounds of meat that were available to me, instead I went with only about 1.25 pounds, which was still likely more than enough.

-On Tuesday I went in for my second round of lithotripsy. As far as I can tell things went well, though I seem not to have passed as many fragments as after the first time. The nice this is that I felt much less discomfort after the procedure that I did after the first round. Actually, discomfort level is so low it is almost hard to believe that I was actually even blasted.

-Last night Neil, Rebecca and I went to the weekly trivia night at the Grawood (though Neil and Rebecca left early). In retrospect this decision was a bit of a mistake. Not only were there other things I should have been doing, I was far to tired to really enjoy the experience or contribute in any meaningful way.

-My sense of things is that the comedian Louis CK is performing in Halifax at the Rebecca Cohn auditorium tonight. While I wouldn't mind seeing him perform at some point, I don't think that tonight will be the night (mainly because I don't have tickets, nor do I expect to have tickets). Furthermore, while being interviewed on Q this morning he seemed to suggest that he wasn't as big a fan of auditorium shows as of club shows, so this might not be a particularly good venue in which to see him anyway. Maybe when he comes back to town to play the local Yuk Yuk's I will get a chance to see him.

-On Wednesday we had another Ultimate game. Neil didn't attend because he was claiming his neck was hurting (given that he has kept his story consistent for a number of days now maybe I should consider accepting that his neck actually does hurt). Unfortunately, Neil wasn't the only male that couldn't attend so we were down to 5 males, which means that we had only one substitute. This wasn't so bad until we ended up playing a single point that took almost 30 minutes, really tiring the 7 of us on the field.

During this monster point I dove for the disc and made a relatively impressive (or so I have been told) catch. Of course soon after making the catch I made a relatively poorly thought out throw that resulted in a turnover. The most consequential aspect of the catch, that I didn't figure out until a little later, was that while diving I managed to give myself quite a turf/carpet burn on my right arm. I guess this means that I might have to be a little more careful about this things in future games.

-A number of the tomatoes are now, seemingly quite quickly, working their way towards ripe. I have been quite impressed at how quickly they have been turning red. I would guess that close to 8 or 9 have now started to make such a transition, though I still have to work about protecting them from frost between now and the time they will fully ripen, which may be another few weeks.



-I feel that there were a few more things that I wanted to comment upon, but it seems that that is not going to happen today, I just don't have the energy at the moment. Maybe if I get my act together I will make another post later this evening/afternoon.

No comments: