Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 361

-Today was a near-perfect Fall day. It was cool, but perfect for walking, and clear. The only aspect of today's weather that may mar its near-perfection is that it seems possible that we could have frost tonight.

-As some of you will have likely seen, earlier today we posted a survey. So far the response has been pretty good. If you haven't taken it already and are interested in checking it out just head here.

-My father is in town for the weekend to attend a meeting. While looking through some of the schedules that he forwarded to us I noticed that the conference planners had made plans assuming that the family members of the principle attendees would also be attending. With this knowledge in hand I suggested to my father that he might try to snag us an invite to the dinner and comedy show tonight. Not surprisingly, he was interested in seeing if this would be possible.

Almost immediately I realized that I likely wouldn't be able to attend even if my father was successful as I would have school work to do (which I am actively avoiding at the moment). It turned out that Neil and Rebecca were free and were able to take advantage of the invitation to the event.

-A few days ago I read that MUNSU lost close to $100 000 on its September Snoop Dogg show. In the following days CBC carried the story and confirmed the size of the loss. Sadly, I am not particularly surprised that this show wasn't a success for MUNSU. Hopefully this loss isn't too problematic for them.

-For a few days it seemed that Gadhafi would be making a quick visit to St. John's. Now it seems that he won't be pitching his tent in St. John's, which I think is rather unfortunate. I guess such a visit isn't particularly appealing when you know that the foreign minister will be there to give you a lecture.

-I guess I should try to get back to reading I keep referencing.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I'm curious to know how Concordia fared with their Snoop Dogg concert. Usually their orientation events, particularly their concert series, are very lucrative. I think the concert was free for students, and they recoup the costs with food and alcohol sales.

Kathy said...

How do I get the results of the survey?

Cameron said...

I post them once I give people a few days to answer and also once I have done some in-depth analysis.