Saturday, September 26, 2009

So this happened this afternoon

This afternoon, while eating my lunch and getting ready to return to some reading, Neil approached me and asked if I might consider giving him a haircut. I immediately said that I would, though I didn't expect thing to get underway for a little while. It soon became clear that Neil was hoping to get things moving pretty quickly.

Almost immediately after finishing my lunch I started to gather the equipment and help Neil set-up. In just a few minutes, after quickly examining the how-to guide I launched into what was my first full-fledged haircut.

Within just minutes I had removed most of Neil's hair and was starting to tidy things up.



[Embedded video]

Amazingly, following the how-to guide seemed to work pretty well. I think that Neil ended up with a pretty reasonable haircut, or at least one that was pretty close to what he expected when we started the operation.

Anyway, now that we know I can do it, I guess I might be giving Neil haircuts on a more regular basis (and I hope that in the future he might let me to down to the no. 3 comb).

In related news, soon after getting his haircut, Neil removed his beard. The effect of both of these changes is quite extreme, Neil looks much different than he did just a few hours ago.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Whether or not Neil will ever learn how to give a good haircut is another question.