Sunday, September 20, 2009

Because you have always wanted to know, or How to prepare turnip sticks

For the past few months I have been pretty aggressively spreading the word about the merits of turnip sticks as both a snack and a lifestyle choice. Not surprisingly, I have been meet with a little befuddlement, but typically once the delicacy has been sampled people are quite quick to understand and appreciate the value of a handful of turnip sticks as a snack or side.

While tasting a turnip stick is to know and understand its beauty and delicacy, some people, even after eating this delightful food, are a little confused about how it is prepared. To overcome this knowledge gap I have taken the time to prepare this somewhat poorly aimed time-lapse video of me preparing turnip sticks to help ease the general ignorance surrounding the preparation of turnip sticks. I hope that by making this information readily available I will be able to broaden both the appreciation of and use of turnip as a raw snacking vegetable. No longer should this noble root vegetable be seen as no better than horse food, as is presently the case in some otherwise progressive European countries. I hope that with this video and the associated campaign will mean turnip's renaissance is just around the corner.



[Embedded video]

1 comment:

Kathy said...

At Christmas I will have to see if you are as good with carrots.