Sunday, February 11, 2007

Cleaning and Classic Rock

After an exciting evening at the library I decided that I would head home.

Upon returning home I was struck by the dirt that had been tracked into my apartment because of the winter conditions. I had had enough, this black gravel and dried melted slush would have to go.

Within a few minutes of returning home I had cracked out the mop and was busily cleaning the front hall (or more accurately the huge wasted part of my apartment).

Shortly after starting, or maybe before I started, I decided to crack open a cold Hek and throw on some tunes. For the occasion I thought that I might like to listen to some classic rock (the Rolling Stones, the Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Hendrix, etc.). I quickly whipped up an iTunes playlist and was ready to go.

With my beer within reach and tunes in the background I have mopped the halls, bathroom, kitchen and my bedroom. Additionally, I have done some organizing in my bedroom (or more accurately, picking up old newspapers from the floor and putting them with the newspapers that have to be taken down to the recycling bin).

I guess I must be about forty minutes in to my project and I feel completely exhausted, though this may have something to do with the time of day (it is almost 1:30 AM).

Maybe I will be able to get through another few songs and beers, during which time I will put my room back together. The dusting may have to wait for another day, or night.

No comments: