Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 64

-Today was a pretty nice winter’s day, not to cold and not so hot that I was sweating as I walked around. The only downside of today is that the sidewalks were a bit slush covered, a bit of a remnant of the snowfall earlier this week.

-Neil arrived safely, though about an hour and a half late, on Thursday night. Fortunately his bags came off of the plane quickly and we were able to take a taxi directly to Thomson House, where we had a few drinks and some good conversation.

-Today, after we woke up, we went out for some shopping/touring. On foot, we visited many of the major streets and shopping districts, as well as a few that weren’t quite so famous or well known. I think that we started of our day in the dollar store arena and then proceeded to visit all kinds of other stores. At one point we visited a discount tool store where they were selling the largest wrenches I have ever seen. Though we did not buy that much or any big ticket items we were able to each pick up a few things. My most significant buy was a plunger for about $1.29.

-As we were just about done with our shopping expedition Neil and I both noticed someone walking out of the music building that looked somewhat familiar. We both immediately thought that it looked like Ed Squires, but that it couldn’t possibly be him, even though this person was carrying a drum. As we continued walking we started to talk about the striking resemblances, and the fact that both people were percussionists.

After a few feet of this person walking behind us he called out, which I thought he was doing because I kept staring at him. It turns out that he recognized us and that we had recognized him, though just not really expected to see him in Montreal.

As it turns out, we were basically heading in the same direction and we were able to make sure that he found his way to his bus, I even hooked him up with a bus ticket so that he wouldn’t have to pay full fare.

-In honour of Neil’s trip I decided that I would cook a rabbit. I mentioned this to my classmate, Nicole, a few days ago and she indicated that she was interested in trying my rabbit.

So last night I made my first roast, stuffed rabbit. It was pretty tasty and easy. It turns out that it only takes about an hour to cook a rabbit, there isn’t too much meat on them. I was pleasantly surprised at how moist and tender the meat was. If they weren’t so expensive, about 17$ a kilo, I would consider buying them more frequently.

Post-rabbit we went over to Thomson House. All in all, the evening was very enjoyable.

No comments: