Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 61

-It was not a particularly cold day today, though it was at least a few degrees below freezing all day. This has been the weather status for the past few days, nothing really all that extreme in either direction.

-I have not been posting much in the past few days because of a hectic work schedule and failed attempts to get some work done. Basically being at work until close three nights in a row is good for my pay cheque but not so good for my productivity.

-Neil will be arriving on Thursday. Unfortunately, I haven’t done as much planning for his trip as I should have, nor has he told me what he wants to see. Even though we don’t have many plans I am pretty sure that the time will fly by.

Amazingly, a cousin is planning on driving up on the 20th, and a friend of mine is scheduled to arrive next Monday on business. It will be a busy few days.

-I have been falling down on my paper reading recently. Each day I get a paper but don’t have time to give it much attention, the most I have been able to do is skim the obituaries.

-Hopefully I will be able to gather the energy to head to the library tonight. If I do this I might actually be able to get some work done. It is important that I remember to head to the store first to pick up some beer, as I won’t be able to buy any once I get back from the library.

-On Thursday night before work I was finally able to make it to Chinatown. For a few weeks now I have wanted to pick up some ginseng there. It turns out that they sell it all over the place there and I don’t really know that much about it. I ended up just taking was recommended to me by the clerk. It seems to be what I want and she cut a dollar from the sticker price, I guess I am a hard bargainer.

Maybe in a few years I will be courageous and knowledgeable enough to try to buy the whole root and try to make some kind of concoction myself.

-I don’t really know where I will be this summer or what I will be doing. If anyone has any great ideas please let me know. So far my main possibilities seem to be staying in Montreal, heading back to St. John’s or going to Calgary.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You forgot about the suggestion to come to Halifax.