Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 66

-Today is not quite clear and not quite overcast. All in all it is not that bad. Maybe I am getting used to winter, but it really doesn’t seem all that cold outside. We still don’t seem to have any major snowfalls on the horizon, a trend very different from St. John’s were they seem to be having blizzards almost every week.

-The pigeons are back and seem to have adapted to the change in their habitat. Instead of meeting on the chimney like pedestal they are currently on the newly constructed roof section. I am still amazed that they are so consist in their behaviour. Until my repeated viewings, I would never have imagined that pigeons had such predictable and consistent lives.

-My gingerbread for an event this evening is currently in the oven, providing a recognizable odor to the apartment. Hopefully this isn’t upsetting Nithum.

The cake is for an Oscar party tonight. As some of you may have guessed, this will be my first Oscar party, as Hollywood movies haven’t really been my thing for the past few years. The up side of the party is that it is also a potluck, which is why I am baking.

The dishes are supposed to relate to one of the nominated movies or actors in some way. My gingerbread meets this requirements by being silent when consumed, something that is reminiscent of Dwayne’s vow of silence in Little Miss Sunshine. Additionally, it will be served with whipped cream, something that is similar to something being served a la mode, or at least that is what I keep telling myself.

I will also be bringing a few other, smaller, non-homemade food items that relate to other Oscar nominated movies.

-Reading week will come to an abrupt end tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to do a bit more studying this afternoon and evening. As of tomorrow I will have to start finding ways to dedicated significantly larger amounts of energy to school work.

-To coincide with the end of Reading week, assignment season starts tomorrow.

-Last night I dealt myself a few games of solitaire. Even without the benefit of auto-dealing it was a pretty addictive experience.

3 comments:

Cameron said...

As it is the only movie from this year that I have seen, I guess I too hope that it wins big.

Unknown said...

As if you need an excuse to bake gingerbread.

Cameron said...

True, it doesn't take much for me to bake gingerbread. Oddly, I had the molasses to make this batch for many weeks and did not find a chance to make it until yesterday.