Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 65

-Another winter’s day in Montreal. While it was only about -8 today it seemed a bit cooler than that at time. The forecast suggested that we might be in for some flurries though these did not arrive.

-In the distance I can hear what I presume to be fireworks. On several occasions I have heard distant explosions, reminding me of an aerial bombardment, only to find out that it is a fireworks display.

-Tomorrow night is another work night. I am not really sure what to expect, as it is the last night of reading week. Hopefully tomorrow night will be pretty busy, at least significantly busier than Monday and Tuesday.

-Yesterday Neil returned to Halifax. It seems that his trip was without incident and that he is safely back in Halifax.

-On Tuesday evening my cousin Julia drove up from Providence, Rhode Island. I was really pleased that she as able to make the trip. Aside from a wedding this summer I hadn’t seen her since about 1998. She departed this afternoon and should be arriving just about now.

-Reading week is winding down and I certainly did not accomplish as much as I had hoped. Though in some ways I accomplished about as much as I expected.

-An election was called in Quebec yesterday. It seems that the vote will be on March 26. Hopefully I will be able to take some time to go to Thomson House to watch the count.

-My beard is definitely getting longer. I had been thinking about ditching it a few weeks ago but I now realize that I don’t have the energy for such a project at the moment. Something else that has come to mind is that if I shave my beard I will also then have to shave on a regular basis, something that has never been my forte.

No comments: