Thursday, February 15, 2007

Travel day

Just a quick post. My plane for Montreal leaves in less than 7 hours now. I stayed up late last night finishing things off and packing. I'm taking two bags, but I would only be taking one if it weren't for the blank CDs, Crispix and TP that I'm taking Cameron. I don't have much left to do in Halifax now other than dinner and a trip to the bank.

Last night I had both sauteed mushrooms and then sauteed onions for dinner. They were both tasty, but the mushrooms were a bit past their prime. The wind was howling last night, and the power was flickering. Last night when I went to see Rebecca, I took the stairs up to be safe (16 flights). I also took my hand-powered flashlight/radio. While I was gone the wind drove water through my bedroom window, but fortunately my roommate had the same problem then checked in my room for me. The wind also ruined the Tyvek-esque plastic on the building underconstruction next door. Last night there were police cars in the area which I presume to be because of debris from the building. This morning when I looked at the building it looked like a Godzilla sized cat had used it as a scratching post, whereas yesterday it looked like a freshly made bed.

I don't think I have told the internet yet, but I now subscribe to the Chronicle Herald, a Halifax daily newspaper. I'm a sucker for deals, coupons, delivery and puzzles. In early January when a guy came to my door and offered me a discount rate on a newspaper that was promised to be delivered by 5 am and a sign-up gift of coupons, I said yes. Today I got up at about 7 and I thought I would check on the 5 am guarantee. I was let down, no paper. It's probably because of the weather yesterday, but needless to say I'm not pleased. Hopefully it will be there when I go home (I'm at school now).

I also have a curling update for you. Gushue is going to the Brier, as is Kehoe (the 3rd favorite) from NS. Also, the junior women's team from NL won the national championship, and will go to the worlds.

So maybe this wasn't so short.

No comments: