Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 63

-The so-called snowstorm did not really materialize, instead we had a pretty standard issue snow fall. If we had the slightly stronger winds of today and snowfall rate of about 9:00 PM last night we might have been able to get something going, but alas, Quebec weather let me down again. So far today has been a pretty standard winter day, clear skies, a bit of wind, and about -15.

-On my way to school today I turned the corner from Lorne onto Milton and almost walked into a paddy-wagon like vehicle. I then noticed some police tape as well as a few other cop cars. Immediately I tried to figure out what had happened. The police tape was a good indication of the location of the incident, though it was not immediately clear exactly what had happened. As I got closer, I noticed that there was a piece of yellow plastic on the ground, held down by various household objects. Around the sheet of plastic there appeared to be red splotches in the snow.

When I arrived in class it turned out that a classmate of mine had walked by a few minutes after me. By the time that she walked past the plastic sheet had been removed, but the vehicles were still present.

After class, when I walked by again it seemed that most of the scene was back to normal, except the red splotches in the snow.

-A news reader on CBC just talked about “explosive experts” being called into deal with a bomb threat in Quebec City. This doesn’t seem like a good idea to me. If you think that there are explosives present why would you bring in even more.

-I love that North Korea was able to negotiate its way out of the Axis of Evil, I always thought that the list had more integrity than that.

-As you may have already been aware, Neil should be here in a few hours.

-I need to work on my assignment.

1 comment:

Neil said...

Fooled you. I'll be there in a lot of hours.