Monday, October 06, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 230

-We had another nice day today. The sky was clear and the temperature pleasant. The only problem was that I didn't get enough of a chance to experience it from the outdoors.

-I am glad that Neil picked up on our 2nd anniversary, otherwise I would have completely missed it. It seems hard to believe that it was two years ago that this started (and that we haven't really gotten any better but have continued to keep at it). Strange that our 2nd anniversary and 500th post happened so close to each other. I wonder what the second anniversary gift is and if it is considered standard to give one to one's blogging partner on such occasions?

-It seems that today also happens to be the anniversary of Alexander Keith's birth (commonly called his birthday). To celebrate the brewery/beer baring his name hosted a concert headlined by Wintersleep. While I didn't manage to attend the show I was able to hear some of it from my window. Unfortunately, I think that I managed to hear the opening acts but not Wintersleep, thus continuing my run of opportunities to hear them play live that I have missed.

-My father is in town so we were able to take a trip to a shopping district on the edge of town. Unfortunately, I didn't end up buying a filing cabinet as I intended to. It seems that they were a little more expensive than I would have liked. I was able to buy a few other office-type supplies, which was nice. Were were also able to make a stop at a club store to pick a few groceries. The most impressive purchase might be the pork loin for $23 (which I then ended up carrying in by flopping it over my shoulder).

No comments: