Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 237

-While today was passable for the better part of the day things eventually managed to go downhill. By this evening we were experiencing intermittent showers and gusts of wind, though this was nothing that I couldn't deal with.

-It seems that the video of the shopping cart races at Bubbles Mansion has been posted in a Trailer Park Boys forum. I am pretty impressed that within 24 hours someone had been searching for such videos and found mine. As far as I can tell it was the first one on YouTube to cover this year's event.

-As of today I have started to prepare my lectures for next week. Fortunately it seems that I will be speaking on a topic with which I feel relatively comfortable. On the other hand, I am still somewhat nervous about giving three hour long lectures. Hopefully they will be as successful as I imagine is possible. I guess as soon as I figure out the content I will have to start working on a few obscure jokes to fit in the lectures (it really is too bad that I am not covering the chapter on 'cleavages').

-Yesterday we purchased a full pork loin. At the moment it is rammed into the bottom of our fridge. It is likely that by tomorrow I will have to chop it up into pork chops so that we have some space and so that it doesn't go bad. I can't say that I am really looking forward to the idea of wrestling a 3 piece of meat on a counter that is only about 2.5 feet wide. The up side is that we should get about 30 pork chops out of the piece of meat. And it turns out that pork chops are very easy to cook.

No comments: