Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 233

-Today has been beautiful so far. Hopefully this weather will manage to hold for the next several days.

-While at the grocery store yesterday afternoon I noticed that they were experiencing a celery shortage, it seems as though they were out of regular celery. When I went to their competitor I found that the situation wasn't much better. While they had celery in the second store it was some of the worst celery that I have ever seen. Much of the celery was yellow instead of green and just generally unappetizing. Unfortunately, as I really wanted celery I was forced to settle for a distinctly sub-par option.

-For the past few weeks I have not been able to motivate myself to read recreationally (aside from newspapers). A few days ago I was listening to an interview on The Sound of Young America with Chip Kidd and realized that we had one of the authors book at our apartment. Almost as soon as I located the book I started reading it and am now almost done. It is great to be reading recreationally again. My next problem will be to find something to read once I am done with this book.


-Several more of my beans have sprouted. While dealing with the newly sprouted plants I decided that I would like one of the pots in my room. This means that I can now spend my time watching my beans grow instead of doing work. The picture is of the variety of plants are presently in my window (left to right: banana plant, aloe droplets, corn, thyme, yellow beans, bay tree).

-Last night we had chicken rice soup for dinner. In a divergence from my normal pattern, the pieces of meat were actually large enough to identify as meat, and there was more than one piece per bowl. Though I might be biased, I thought it was pretty passable.

-Google Analytics seems to be showing an increase in search activity for our blog in the past few days. Not exactly sure what is causing the surge in interest or why it all seems to be because of people finding us through web searches.

-On Thursday night the fire alarm in our building sounded at about 11:00. Once we had gathered things like our pass-ports we made our way outside. Within a few minutes a few fire trucks arrived to check out the building. Fortunately, nothing was on fire and we were able to head back in. Though as this was taking place Neil and Rebecca decided to go to Video Difference to rent a movie. I quickly decided to tag along (though only after I dropped off my belongings).


-Last night, while trying to work on a project I started to play around with some of the features associated with my computer's built-in camera. The following is one of the ways I was busy wasting my time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you get a haircut?

Cameron said...

I did, maybe two or three weeks ago, because I felt as though I was looking like a slob. Shortly thereafter I stopped shaving, maybe in an attempt to even things out a little.