Friday, October 24, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 238

-The past few days have been on the cool side, which isn't all that bad as it means that I am sweating less on my walk to school. Today, unlike some of the days earlier in the week, is quite nice with clear skies and little wind.

-I still don't have any good on one liners or jokes for my upcoming lectures. As my first lecture is on Monday my time is running short, though maybe it is more appropriate that I spend my time preparing the actual content of the lecture rather than the jokes that I don't expect anyone to get.

For those of you who are curious, I don't expect that I will go to my Friday class in costume, though my short-shorts and pink top probably would help them to remember my lecture for years to come.

-Is it just me or have all Halloween costumes taken a turn for the slutty? No longer can one just go as a French maid, one must go as a slutty French maid.

If I can get my hands on a Dick Nixon mask I am thinking about trying to go (where I don't know) as "Slutty Richard Nixon," the side of Richard Nixon you have always wanted to see.

-Due to illness my presentation originally scheduled for last week went ahead yesterday. Though not superb, I think it was passable. My general problem with presentations is that they don't scare me enough to actually try and prepare for them. I always assume that I will just be able to wing it rather effectively, and as it turns out, this isn't a skill that I have.

After the presentation, while the professor was leading a discussion on the topic of the presentation, my pen started to leak all over my hands. I found this rather amusing because just a few days ago I was wondering if pens still did this, or whether pen design had moved so far in recent years that this phenomenon was a thing of the past. It seems that the answer is that pen design has not moved to a stage in which leaks are impossible, though they do seem rarer than even a few years ago.

-Based on a trend I am witnessing in my apartment I am starting to wonder if pork chops are the new ramen when it comes to cheap student eating. Though I have only witnessed an increase of pork consumption in this apartment, I presume that the frequent pork sales are a sign that other students are also doing their best to make sure that this is a trend, not just a blip in our apartment.

-Due to school work I have recently been falling behind on my newspaper reading. This is a little disappointing as I quite enjoy reading the newspaper.

-For a second Friday night in a row I will likely have to head into my library carrel to crank out a few hours of reading and work. On the up side, while at the library I will be able to pick up an inter-library loan book that came in, and maybe find a few materials for my upcoming lecture.

No comments: