Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 443

-Today has been another nice day in Halifax, though as I look through my window I see that things have become slightly overcast.

-As some of you might have guessed, Kirsten and I arrived safely in Halifax last week. Our train ride, while uneventful, was quite fun. The second leg of the journey, from Montreal to Halifax, took about 24 hours and saw us really traveling in style. Not only did we have access to the panorama car, but we also had access to the dining car and our own sleeper room.

The sleeper room was nice, but quite small. Kirsten could easily stretch her hands from one side of the room to the other. Actually, it was somewhat difficult to move around once the bunks were folded down. This was most problematic when it came to going to the bathroom at night. Fortunately, there were no serious problems on this front.



[Embedded video]

This is a video Kirsten took of a train heading in the opposite direction of our train. Very exciting stuff.

I also liked looking from the back windows of our two trains.



-While Kirsten was here she convinced Neil and Jeannette to take her to the Nova Scotia Natural History Museum to check up on Gus, the museum's resident tortoise. As it turned out, while they were at the museum Gus was out on the lawn for a stroll.



[Embedded video]

Fortunately Jeannette had her camera and was able to film Gus's escape attempt.

-How are there so many small universities in New Brunswick that I have never heard of? At first I thought hearing about Crandall University was strange, more recently I learned that there are actually quite a few small, specialized universities in the province (St. Stephen's University, Lansbridge University, Yorkville University, and Saint Thomas University).

-On Monday I bought a new kettle. Unfortunately it isn't quite as nice the one I used to have.

1 comment:

jlye said...

We got to pet Gus! It was well worth the trip.