Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Valley

Today Jeannette and I took a quick trip to the Annapolis Valley and surrounding areas.

After getting some coffee in Wolfville, we made our way to Blomidon park mud flats. While we were there the started to come in quite quickly.



[Embedded video]

Later in the day we made our way to the Oaklawn Farm Zoo. I was generally quite impressed with the experience. Not only did the zoo have quite a range of animals, they were animals I was interested in seeing.

They had quite a number of tortoises, at least one of which was quite spiny.



[Embedded video]

Apparently the Savannah Monitor wasn't too interested in hanging around, though in the end it did.



[Embedded video]

After a full day we made our way back to Halifax.



[Embedded video]

Of course, we celebrated the excitement and successful trip with some more Empire Avenue.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Please tell me the Oaklawn Farm zonkeys are alive and well. I was just talking about them the other day.

Cameron said...

There was at least one zonkey, it appeared to be doing quite well. Were there more in the past?

Jess said...

I thought there were two... but there's always been one. I don't know. Whatever. I'm glad he's still kickin'.