Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 447

-We are in the midst of another nice day in Halifax. Actually, it is pretty warm right now, almost a little too warm.

-This evening we have our second last Ultimate game of the regular season. As it stands now, my main worry is that it will be too hot to comfortably play. I guess things are likely to cool down by this evening, particularly by the latter portion of the game.

-Last night Neil, Jeannette, and I went candlestick bowling with our friends Darryl and Heather. While none of us were particularly great at this form of bowling I definitely had a fair bit of fun. I particularly liked that the pins did not have strings, and thus no string action. Also, the scoring and pin re-setting was done manually, which was actually more fun than I would have imagined.

As you can see, we all took somewhat different approaches to playing the game.



[Embedded video]

-Yesterday was a really busy traffic day for Montifax, though I still can't exactly figure out why. I do suspect my mention of Empire Avenue had something to do with it (now it sounds as though I am trying to sell this group as much as I have been trying to sell SodaStream).

No comments: