Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On the Train 12

Kirsten and I just arrived in Montreal. After a quick stop at an office supplies store to pick up some headphones for Kirsten we made our way to the special line for passengers taking the sleeper car to Halifax.

That we made our way to this line was something of a coincidence, as I didn’t know that it existed or that we should be on the look out for it. Only because it was next to the first class passenger lounge, which we were looking for, did I happen to see it.

Once we reached the front of the line we had to hand in our tickets, which I found a little strange as we haven’t even seen the train yet. I guess that they do this with the sleeper cars to know what is going on (meaning whether or not every one has arrived) before people board. At this point we were also able select our dinner seating (I chose the late one so that we would have something to do in the evening). Hopefully we have enough food to tide us over until we get to eat at 8:15.

Once we checked in we made our way to the Panorama Lounge, which is where we are now. In about ten minutes, and after we have consumed as many complimentary beverages as we can, we will be able to board our train.

Unfortunately, I don’t think that I will be able to provide many further updates on our trip as it seems likely that we won’t have much internet access once we leave the station. Of course both of us are hoping that are suspicions are incorrect and that we will actually have regular internet access at least as far as Quebec City. I guess I will let you know if this is what we get.

Oh, it turns out that there was a couple from Newfoundland sitting behind us for some period of time. It seems likely that they will be going to Halifax with us as well.

No comments: