Saturday, August 07, 2010

Michigan +11

Since we arrived in Michigan a almost two weeks ago I have wanted to visit an IHOP (International House of Pancakes). I was finally able to satisfy this urge yesterday when my father, brother, sister, and I all visited such a restaurant for lunch yesterday. As expected, it was a very pleasant and satisfying experience. The only problem with the experience was that I ended up eating a little too much and felt somewhat uncomfortable afterwards.

Later in the day those of us who visited the restaurant also visited a driving range to hit a bucket of balls.



[Embedded video]

I would say that most of us were a little worse at this than we might have hoped.

Our final major event of the evening was a party/BBQ at an uncle's house. It was great to get another chance to socialize with my cousins and aunts and uncles.

In the very near future we will be heading out to our hotel for the evening. Then at about 4:00 we will attend the wedding. The reception will follow almost immediately thereafter.

5 comments:

jlye said...

This gets a "saucy" as it seems that Kirsten was not too keen your golfing tips! I imagine you explain golf technique the way you explain frisbee technique. On second though, I'm going to go back and give you an "incoherent".

Cameron said...

To be fair, I wasn't giving to many golfing tips, they were mostly coming from my father. On the other hand, I think she was finding them about as useful as many have found my frisbee tips.

Anonymous said...

The "golf tips" audio was Big Donnie providing his extensive wealth of experience in the sport to Kirsten.

Anonymous said...

According to IHOP advertising from 30 years ago, you should think of it as the "International House of Roast Beef".

Sorry, but that notion never really seemed to work for me. I don't think I've been to an IHOP more than twice in my entire life; and both of those times were in Eastern Lansing (MI) back in the 1970's.

jlye said...

My mistake. I hear anything on "tips to improve..." and just assume it's Cameron.