Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 448

-Today has been one of the hottest days I have experienced in years, or at least that is how it feels. The temperatures exceeded 30, a situation that was made worse by relatively high humidity. Even when it became a little overcast this afternoon it stayed hot and unpleasant.

-Actually, it is so hot and sticky that as I sit writing this I am dripping sweat, a rather unpleasant image I know (and this is with a fan on). I am a little concerned that the current weather conditions may make sleeping difficult.

-Our apartment's Empire Avenue feeding frenzy has continued, somewhat abated, today.

I should first note, before forgetting, that Neil, Rebecca, Jeannette, and I achieved some success as a result of our actions yesterday. Neil, Rebecca, Jeannette, and I all made the list for participants with the greatest single day value increases (I was 1, Neil was 2, Jeannette was 6, and Rebecca was 8). Rebecca, Jeannette, and I were also near the top of another list of that day's achievers.

Things did slow down a little today. One of the first reasons for the slow down was that I realized that I actually had some work to do and observed that it was not possible for me to play an online game and work at the same time. Neil and Jeannette were later held up by the system itself as they both reached their daily transaction limits and thus had an enforced break.

That being said, today was definitely another heavy Empire Avenue day for our apartment. Actually, we even added a new person to the mix, Nick, Rebecca's brother. Nick signed up for an account today and will be coming to stay with us for a few days as of tomorrow, so if we are lucky we might be able to have five people online and circle buying in the same room (what fun!).

-Wow, it is hot. I really hope it isn't this hot tomorrow as I have agreed to help a few friends move.

No comments: