Monday, August 23, 2010

Really?



The message on the sign outside our neighbourhood church.

How does a book/movie in which a woman seems to find Buddhism (or some form of non-christian spirituality) end up being the reference for a sign on a christian church?

Just...groan.

In case you aren't familiar with the Eat, Pray, Love phenomenon, here is the movie trailer.



[Embedded video].

In case you are curious, even though I have been known to fall for movies with romance and personal growth as themes, this movie just doesn't entice me at all.

2 comments:

jlye said...

"I have been known to fall for movies with romance and personal growth as themes"

Don't try to dress it up. They are called rom-coms and you LOVE them.

Cameron said...

It's true, I have been known to watch a rom-com or two.

That being said, is this really a rom-com? It wasn't that I was trying to shy away from the fact that I can get behind rom-coms but that I was trying to describe the movie accurately (I just don't know how funny it is supposed to be).