Friday, August 27, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 445

-It seems that yesterday's rain was short-lived. We are already back to full sun and relatively cloudless skies. I guess I probably shouldn't complain. Actually, that one day of rain was enough for me for a while.

-As some of you might have guessed, we have really been hitting the new SodaStream machine hard. Not only did we acquire two new flavours and two new 1 liter bottles yesterday, but we have prepared several more liters of club soda. If we manage to keep up this pace we will be at 60 liters and in need of a new CO2 canister in no time.

-We watched The Terminator last night. As far as I know, none of us had really seen it before this. Aside from some really bad dialogue, it seems to hold up as an action movie. Amazingly, even the special effects aren't as bad as one might expect them to be for a movie from 1984. Actually, I would go so far as to say that they, at least for the most part, look much better than do the effects in Titanic, a James Cameron movie. While I haven't yet seen Avatar, I have to imagine that they even compare favourably to this movie.

-I am hoping to play some squash for the first time in a few months this afternoon. Presumably I will have lost all of the skills that I gained earlier in the summer.

1 comment:

jlye said...

Come with me if you want to live!