Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 205

-Today, just like yesterday, has been overcast and wet. It seems that
the trend may continue until tomorrow, which will likely cause the
postponement of the Royal St. John's regatta.

-Though I went to bed quite early last night I still feel quite tired.
Maybe I will need to get more than just one night of good sleep to
overcome the several weeks of poor sleeps that I have recently had.

-On Wednesday, Kirsten will be returning from her summer trip. I am
hoping that she can provide me with a few details about my apartment
and neighbourhood in Halifax.

-The cats at place where I am presently house-sitting don't seem as
vindictive as the last cat I took care of. Not only do they not wake
me up in the night, they haven't yet dropped loads on the bathroom
sink (though they have missed the litter box at least twice already).

-About two days ago I read that in the late 1970s the PLO, then under
the leadership of Yasir Arafat, had a pipe band. I wonder if the band
wore kilts when they performed?

-Though I should have done this several weeks ago, I have started to
more actively think about my upcoming studies. Unfortunately, at
least one of the people I need to contact is out of town. I guess I
will have to work around this problem and eventually contact someone
else.

No comments: