Thursday, August 07, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 207

-Though overcast, today has been relatively dry. Though I haven't
spent too much time outside, it also seems as though the winds are not
particularly high. While this is still not perfect weather it is
certainly an improvement over what we have been experiencing these
past few days.

-Though we are without rain and wind the Regatta was again postponed.
My understanding is that the committee is hoping that today will be
better (as we are actually supposed to top 14 degrees and get at least
a little sun). I fear that by not taking this opportunity we risk
facing even longer delays, particularly as we know that forecasts are
not particularly valuable here.

-My sister returned home from a month long trip last night. During
her time away she visited Halifax and a few communities in Ontario.
From what I can gather, she had a good time and seem to enjoy most of
the activities in which she participated.

When she returned home she was able to open a 'gift' that I had
prepared for the occasion. As she began to unwrap the item she was
clearly quite excited and curious. The ribbon and wrapping paper were
both taken off very carefully and with a great degree of respect.
Once she opened the box and pulled out the bubble wrapped item things
seemed to move more quickly. She quickly unrolled the bubble wrap to
reveal a can of Vienna Sausages.

As expected, she was somewhat disgusted with this 'gift,' but I think
her reaction made it worthwhile. Unfortunately, I don't think that
she has the guts to actually sample a Vienna Sausage (especially now
that she knows that they contain mechanically separated meats and have
'added smoke flavour'). Since she isn't going to seat the sausages
herself I suggested that she take them to Austria with her when she
departs later this month. She could even try to get someone from
Vienna to sample them and tell her if they are in any way comparable
to real Vienna sausages.

-I have an ultimate game tonight. The team we are playing is
relatively high in the standings.

What is frustrating about the game is that it is at 5:30 at Kitty
Gaul. This means that I really have to get moving after work to make
it to the field in time. The best part is that I have to put all of
this effort in just to play a game on a sub-par field.

No comments: