Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 213

-Though we started the day with heavy rain we have now settled into a
pattern of overcast skies and moderate temperatures. While I have
heard that things are to clear up I am not going to hold out too much
hope.

-This evening I have an Ultimate game, the first in our play-off run.
I will be playing Mike and Andrew's team, a team that we did not face
during the regular season.

My understanding is that win or lose we will have at least a game or
two on Saturday, though I don't know where the Saturday games are to
take place.

-Last night Gina and I attended Rose and Thistle trivia. Though we
only had a two person team we managed to do relatively well (2.5
points out of first). As usual the place was packed. It seemed that
every available seat was taken, some people were even forced to stand.

-I might have to bake some bread on Friday. On the other hand, I
could just decide to make due with what I have as I will be heading
out of town on Tuesday.

-My move is approaching quickly. I still haven't quite figured out
what I am going to pack. Maybe I will have to try to dedicate some
time to this matter tonight (though what are the chances that this is
actually going to happen?).

-On Saturday night I spent a few hours at Eastern Edge's annual 24
Hour Art Marathon. As I was entering the facility and waiting to pay
the admission cost I was noticed by one of the participants. He was
quite taken with the suspenders that I was wearing. He couldn't stop
feeling them, though he was kind enough to ask if his touching my
suspenders bothered me. He went on to inquire about whether I would
be performing any music as he seemed to think that anyone with such a
set of suspenders should be making music (clearly musical
qualifications are based on clothing choices).

While I didn't perform any music I did elicit a number of comments
because of the suspenders. It seems that as the only person at such
an event in a suit and suspenders I kind of stood out. Presumably
there are even photos of me in my suspenders floating about the
internet, though I don't know in which direction they might be
floating.

Suspender comments aside, I had a good time walking around talking to
people and checking out the variety of projects that were being
undertaken or that had previously been completed. In one case I went
so far as to place a silent auction bid on one of the items (I know,
crazy me).

Anyway, not that I will be in town next year (at least I don't think I
will be in town next August), I would consider attending the event
again. Maybe next time I would try to show up early enough to
actually partake in some of the organized events and activities rather
than just wandering around the building aimlessly for a few hours

No comments: